Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Wedding

Today was the wedding. I managed to snag a few shots during the professional photo shoot and also got some fun candids. The photo above is one of my favourites, if only for the expression on Lance's face (he's the second from the right). The ceremony took place on this gazebo, and its steps made for a great group shot.

The wedding colours were orange and green. While that may sound a bit daunting as a wedding, it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. This is one of the centerpieces on the reception tables.

Jason was paired with Misty as the bridal party entered the ceremony scene. Here you can see the wedding colours and how beautiful they look. In the pictures it reminds me of orange and lime sherbet, but at the time it never crossed my mind. Perhaps I'm in the mood for sherbet...

I love this picture, too, mostly because of the black and white. I think in colour it wouldn't have turned out as striking. The photographers were the same ones who did Jason's and my wedding, as well as Whitney and Rolie's wedding. They live in La Grande and the wife in this husband/wife team works with Jason's mom, so it's an easy choice!

This was after the wedding when we were waiting to get in line for the amazing fruit, crackers, and cheese buffet. I like this picture...and I loved the buffet. I filled my plate with some of the best fruit I've ever had - including some fantastic mango. There was also pineapple, plums, cherries, honeydew, cantaloupe, grapes, blueberries, strawberries, and kiwi.

The father-daughter dance to start the reception...they danced to a country tune called "I Loved Her First." It was super cute!

Aaaaand the first dance. I can't remember the name of the song right now (I'm a tad tired), but it was very cute to see them grinning away and just enjoying every minute of being together as husband and wife. They just learned to dance on Friday, from what I understand. Her brother taught them after the wedding rehearsal.

And before we move on to shots of the view from the wedding location, here is the prize-winning wedding photo. People gathered on the "dance floor" to do the Twist and Shout, and apparently...Alex was really enjoying it.

And now, some scenery shots:

1 comment:

  1. Alex looks like HE just got married!

    I like the picture of the guitar and the tree. I liked the way it is framed.

    The last picture looks like a face. Talk about red-eye!

    The black and white picture with the photographer is wonderful. It tells a story.

    It apparently was a beautiful wedding with very good weather. I hope their marriage is as lovely as the wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, and thanks, too, for leaving some thoughts!