Well the results of my 4 hours in the clinic on Monday morning are in. I do NOT have gestational diabetes, but it was close enough that they've decided to monitor me to make sure I don't develop it. So...for the next two months I get to poke myself in the finger four times a day to check my blood sugar levels. Above is my new best friend: The black pouch where everything resides, including new needles and strips, the logbook where I record my blood sugar each time I check it, the monitor that actually tells me the blood sugar level (in the picture the black tab on the left end of it is where my blood goes - there's actually blood there in the photo if you look at the end), and the needle trigger. This isn't necessarily the most fun thing I've ever had to do, but I brought it upon myself by not being a healthy person in the first place. Just so you know, 95 is a good blood sugar number. So far, so good!
Friday, May 22, 2009
A New Experience
Well the results of my 4 hours in the clinic on Monday morning are in. I do NOT have gestational diabetes, but it was close enough that they've decided to monitor me to make sure I don't develop it. So...for the next two months I get to poke myself in the finger four times a day to check my blood sugar levels. Above is my new best friend: The black pouch where everything resides, including new needles and strips, the logbook where I record my blood sugar each time I check it, the monitor that actually tells me the blood sugar level (in the picture the black tab on the left end of it is where my blood goes - there's actually blood there in the photo if you look at the end), and the needle trigger. This isn't necessarily the most fun thing I've ever had to do, but I brought it upon myself by not being a healthy person in the first place. Just so you know, 95 is a good blood sugar number. So far, so good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by, and thanks, too, for leaving some thoughts!