
Tonight Jason and I went on a much-needed date night. We are trying to save money, so Jason packed a "picnic" lunch (sandwiches, crackers, fruit) and we went to Starbucks to eat. We used a gift card from Christmas to order hot chocolate with our oh so fancy dinner and enjoyed our indoor picnic in a Starbucks all to ourselves. (Really!) Afterward we went to Applebee's and ordered fries and a monster cookie sundae, totaling $8.48. We didn't leave a tip because the service was terrible (that was the first time I'd ever done that), so our entire date cost us under $8.50!!! How cool is that?!? Afterward, however, I decided a hot apple cider (and a smaller size) would've been a better choice for a dinner beverage, because the chocolate got to me after we left Applebee's. I need some water just thinking about it. But this picture is of the monster cookie sundae: Giant chocolate-chip cookie, double scoops of vanilla ice cream, Oreo cookie chunks, and hot fudge drizzle. Oh man. Not as delicious as I'd hoped, but perhaps if I'd not had hot chocolate prior to the dessert it would've been better. Still VERY yummy. Date nights are fun, but they tend to be a bit more creative in the winter months. It's difficult to do cheap dates in the winter here, when it's cold outside and it gets dark before I get off work. But tonight was fun! I love spending time with Jason and having a conversation that lasts longer than thirty seconds without interruption.
Yummy. Reading this makes me hungry for a nice ice cream dessert.
ReplyDeleteActually, when I first opened the blog this picture looked like a skull from an archeologial dig. (hummm...is this an ink blot test?)
I dunno. The ice cream looks a little green. Could that be your perspective after the hot chocolate? :) I agree with Dad--I thought it looked like some weird skull, too.
ReplyDelete