Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cold Much?

This is our bathroom faucet this morning. It may appear to be completely uninteresting, but note this: The faucet is turned on FULL BLAST for hot water. And this is all that's coming out. That's right, our hot water pipes froze. It got down to around 4 degrees last night and when I got up to get ready for work, there was no hot water. Fabulous. So Jason started a fire to get the house warmed up, and I heated water on the stove. I poured the hot water out of the kettle into a bucket and used that with a washcloth to wash my face and body (I felt quite Victorian) and then dressed for work. Fortunately I got my hair done yesterday so it still looked semi-presentable without being washed. I worked from home for two hours until I had to be there for a meeting, hoping the hot water would come back on and I could shower. No such luck. Fortunately, when Jason got home a couple of hours later, water was pouring out of the hot water faucets, so we showered this evening. Needless to say, we're taking precautions the rest of the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, and thanks, too, for leaving some thoughts!